- Hereinafter MARCON & RUBENS is to be understood in reference to MARCON & RUBENS cvba as well as all lawyers and members of staff who work at the law firm MARCON & RUBENS, irrespective of whether they are partners of MARCON & RUBENS cvba, employees or trainee lawyers.
- The present general terms and conditions apply to all activities, regardless of nature, performed by MARCON & RUBENS.
- MARCON & RUBENS’ liability shall be limited to the sum covered by their liability insurance, i.e. EUR 1,250,000.00 per claim. If and insofar, for any reason whatsoever, no insurance cover were to be granted by their liability insurer, the liability of MARCON & RUBENS shall be limited to the sum of EUR 25,000.00 per claim, irrespective of the gravity of the error.
- When calling on the services of third parties who do not work at the practice (including national or international lawyer-correspondents, notaries, tax consultants, accountants, experts, bailiffs and other service providers), MARCON & RUBENS shall observe the relevant duty of care. However, MARCON & RUBENS waives all and any liability for fraud, faults and shortcomings of the said third parties, regardless of the nature thereof.
- The client shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless MARCON & RUBENS against all claims from third parties in connection with the handling of his or her case.
- MARCON & RUBENS shall never accept any obligations which are in violation with the statutory, regulatory and usual rules of professional conduct which apply to the lawyers registered with the Bar or whose names feature on the list of trainees of the Antwerp Bar Association. The aforesaid professional rules of conduct take precedence over all other contractual obligations of MARCON & RUBENS.
- The relationship between MARCON & RUBENS and their client shall be governed exclusively by Belgian law. The courts of Antwerp – Antwerp divisions, and when applicable the Justice of the Peace Court of the seventh canton of Antwerp, shall have exclusive jurisdiction for all claims made against MARCON & RUBENS. At all times, the Courts of Antwerp – Antwerp divisions, and when applicable the Justice of the Peace Court of the seventh canton of Antwerp, shall have jurisdiction to hear all claims instigated by MARCON & RUBENS against the client, irrespective of MARCON & RUBENS’ right to seize another Belgian or foreign court that has due jurisdiction.
- The present general terms and conditions were originally drafted in Dutch and translated in English, French and German. If any discrepancies should be found to exist between the Dutch text and the translations, the Dutch text shall take precedence.
Download PDF (60kb)